A brief guide to two new famous types, autoflowering cannabis seeds vs. feminized seeds for a better buying decision.
If you are looking to become a better cannabis home grower, the perfect place to start is with choosing the seeds.
Right now, there are three basic kinds in the cannabis market: traditional (photoperiods), auto regular (autoflowers) and feminized (can be regular or autoflower) seeds. Each one of these types has its own advantages and downsides. Which should a home grower choose? It is dependent on your experience, growing location, ideal flowering time, and the target amount of yield. For this article, we will be focusing on auto regulars and auto feminized seeds: their similarities, differences, and which one could be perfect for you.
Feminized Cannabis Seeds: The Basics
As its name implies, a feminized cannabis seed is made for eliminating the chances of growing male plants. This envisions erasing the regular expectations that out of the regular plants you grow, at least 40% turns out to unusable and male. All smokers look for cannabis buds, which can be used for smoking, which is solely available in female plants. The female cannabis also creates more THC and CBD compared to the males.
Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds: The Basics
Autoflowers are naturally produced naturally by cannabis germination. These strains are well-loved because they are
easier to cultivate and they produce a rewarding yield in comparison to how quickly they take to flower. The best thing about autoflowers is that they do not depend on light cycles or removal of males in order for them to grow. For beginner home growers, the autoflowers are most recommended for they do not require a complex way of caring.
Advantages of Using Feminized Cannabis
- When you grow feminized seeds, you can ensure you only have females in your garden. You do not need to spend time in the pruning and maintenance of your male plants.
- By having feminized seeds, you are also assured that each and every one of your plants are producing cannabis. You are also benefited with a higher yield for limited growing space and increase your productivity.
- Another considerable advantage is that feminized seeds are as effective as regular cannabis when creating mother plants. Furthermore, it can pr ovide a more uniform and standardized growth for all your products, even if you decide to take your cultivation on a larger scale.
- You can determine the quality of your feminized cannabis by the number of hermaphroditic plants it can produce. If you order your feminized seeds from a trustworthy seed bank with a great reputation are usually 100% hermaphrodite free.
Advantages of Using Auto Regular Cannabis
- Autoflowering cannabis seeds produce plants with significantly lower height making it a good fit for growers with limited spaces or planters who need a stealthy and discreet plant. They are also perfect for home planters in places where there are legal regulations to maintain a height limit.
- Another great benefit from auto regulars is their ability to produce very quickly, with some strains flowering as soon as 35 days. The autoflowers also have great resistance to fluctuating temperatures. Some auto regular aficionados even report that they get to harvest twice in one season.
- Auto regulars are also resilient seeds that can withstand molds, pests, and frost because they can be grown almost anywhere and any time of the year. This power of resilience can assure a strong consistent high yield every single time.
- Autoflower cannabis seeds also offer a great variety of highs depending on your need. There are various THC levels and CBD levels, which can make them options for recreational users, as well as medical marijuana users.
How to Choose Between Auto Regular vs. Feminized?
Basically, in choosing between these cannabis types, you can just ask yourself what characteristic would matter to you the most. If you are in need of a higher yield, go for auto feminized seeds. If you are looking for a smaller, stealthier height, you should go for auto regulars. If you are also looking into growing your own seeds, you might need an auto regular to get your alpha male or father plant. If these things do not matter you, then you can choose either of the two and focus on the specific effects in order to choose a good cannabis strain.
Choosing Cannabis for the Effects
- Energy – If you are looking for a high that boosts creativity and give you energy, choose a strain that is a Sativa-dominant. Sativas have generally a higher THC level that gives that psychoactive hyper feeling. It is often taken during parties and other social gatherings.
- Sleep – For a sleep-inducing hit, you must check for a greater Indica percentage in the cannabis blend. Indica has a soporific effect that is often used by people suffering from insomnia and sleep apnea. You can also check for the presence of cannabinol or CBN. CBN can usually be produced from extra dying of your favorite strain out in the sun.
- Pain Management – There are a number of components in cannabis that can add to its analgesic effects. THC, for example, has been shown to significantly lessen pain in cancer patients by fastening itself to pain-sensing receptors in the body. Another awesome cannabinoid, CBD, has also been revealed to ease pain and lessen inflammation without causing the high from the THC. The famous White Widow and Northern Lights are often used for this purpose.
- Stress and Anxiety – Some researchers have also documented that low doses of THC can lower anxiety levels by connecting with the receptors in the part of the brain accountable for feelings of stress and anxiety. For cannabis strains that remedy anxiety, you can go for the autoflowering versions of White Fire Alien OG, Stardawg, Juliet, and 303 OG.
The Bottom Line
There’s no need to make competitions on autoflowering cannabis seeds vs. feminized seeds because both of them have many significant benefits that are enjoyed by the whole cannabis community. For the best growing and smoking experience, identify the characteristics you are looking for and research on the best auto seeds you can purchase.